So I was studying for a test today and came across this quote by President Packer. I'd read it before but it didn't hit me until today. The things I learned from this simple statement are amazing! In his biography, they talked about two of the life lessons he learned. One was he declared his independence from the weather. That is an amazing feat for someone. For me the weather plays a huge role in my mood most of the time. I already admire him for that. This next quote is the one that really hit me.
"I decided years ago that I was going to trust everybody. I had become suspicious of everybody because I had been misused and abused. I got so I didn't like myself very much and decided that I would trust everybody. If they weren't worthy of that trust they would have to prove it to me. I have a been a lot happier since then."
This quote really impacted me. Many people have done some hurtful things to me, people I trusted. Now it has become instinct to be suspicious of those around me. However, I want to try to adopt President Packer's perspective.
While I still am suspicious towards those individuals who have hurt me in the past, I forgive them and recognize the things that I needed to learn through those experiences. I am grateful for the things that I have had experienced no matter how difficult they are. I hope to use this quote in my everyday life and try to become like President Packer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment