Dishes are an odd sort of phenomenon. Growing up, there was always a dishwasher so the need to do dishes by hand was almost non-existent. The only reason to wash dishes by hand was if the dish was not dishwasher safe such as knives with wood handles. Moving out for my first year of college, I mentally prepared myself for doing dishes by hand. Fortunately, my apartment in Heritage Halls was equipped with a dishwasher. Then as the semester progressed, my roommate decided that my dish washing skills were lacking and I was not allowed to do the dishes at all. I simply had to inform her that I needed dishes and they would be washed.
This year, my new apartment does not have a dishwasher at all. While dishwashers are nice, they are not necessary. I'm perfectly fine with hand washing everything. Somehow, my sink appears to fill up very quickly and soon overflows with the dirty dishes while there are none in the cupboard. I am amazed at how fast the sink fills.
Tonight, my wonderful next door neighbor did a lot of our dishes and allowed me to study. I will be forever grateful to her. She is super awesome and a wonderful friend and neighbor. Thanks a bunch and I hope our dishes won't ever get that crazy again but they probably will.
No comments:
Post a Comment