Friday, February 19, 2010
Moving Home for Summer
As many of us know, moving is one of the hardest things to do. Not only do the apartments have limited space but for most people, the longest they stay in one place is about eight months. Fortunately, I live close enough that it's not too big of an ordeal. But on the negative side, I went home a lot last year. Loading and unloading my car was a little ridiculous. The good thing was that my parents didn't give away my room so I still had my own space at home. Finally after Christmas, my parents asked me how often I was going to be home during the winter semester. I told them I didn't think I would be home a ton. They then proceeded to ask if they could give my box spring and my bed frame to my 14 year old sister who only had a mattress on the floor. I agreed. Besides, sleeping on the floor could be kind of exciting. They promised me that I would have a real bed by the time I moved home for the summer. Then in a twisted turn of events, my bed at my apartment decided to become unwelded the last week of the semester. I moved to the couch anticipating the idea of a real bed that wasn't five feet off the ground at home. My bed was fixed and for the last couple of nights I had a bed. The week after finals, I went to a friend's apartment to spend the week. Since she was also moving out, we had an air mattress for the floor. Not the most comfortable thing but it worked. I came home waiting for news on when my bed was going to be arriving. It never did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment