Friday, February 12, 2010

Buying someone a "Coke"

First of all, I was shocked that this was an assignment because that is so far out of my comfort zone.  I was wondering what I could do without being super awkward.  I consulted my roommates on what I could do and they had a great idea.  I didn't know exactly how I was going to execute it so I just did it as the opportunity arose.
I went to Wal-Mart last night and bought a giant Hershey's kiss.  I was going to give it to someone random in the Wilk.  Then I realized I had to take a test, so I decided it would make someone's day a little better to give it to them in line.  Unfortunately, the line wasn't as long as I had hoped.  I approached the guy in front of me.  I asked him what test he was taking.  He looked at me weirdly and then asked me what test I was taking.  Then I reached in my backpack and gave him the box.  He again gave me a weird look and said thanks.  Then he asked   me if I had a bunch of them in my backpack or just one.  I told him just one and then after he wished me good luck on my test.  It was a surprisingly good experience considering how out of my comfort zone it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment