Tuesday, May 3, 2011

29

days and counting...
There are so many mixed emotions about this whole thing.  I am excited to go and to experience this new part of life but at the same time, I don't want to leave the people I love behind.  I know they will still be here when I get back but things will never be exactly the same as they are now.
In addition to that, I came across a quote this morning that has made me think a little bit.

"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." -Kahlil Gibran


I definitely understand the generosity part, but the pride part is what caused me to think.  Growing up, I got the attitude that it was pretty much you give to others and expect nothing in return.  If you need something, ask a family member and that's as far as it goes.  But over the past year, I have learned that it's okay to take a little bit. Thankfully, I have had a wonderful friend who taught me that.  I am still not even close to perfect and probably exhibit a lot of pride in that aspect (as well as others).  However, I am learning day by day and am grateful for a best friend who is patient with me as I learn these lessons.
While I'm terrified in a lot of aspects of this new journey, I know that the people I love will always be there.  No matter where I go, they will always be a monumental part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment