So I have had a lot of deep thought (okay deep just sounded better) about Facebook statuses. A few years ago, this was not an issue for most of the world. We communicated in the traditional ways... cell phones (mostly without texting) and it was difficult to spread your updates quickly. Now there is Facebook which shares your innermost feelings (or what you decide to put on there) at the click of a button. So here comes the question that has been on my mind... how often should you update your status? Mainly I have been thinking of how much is too much? There are definitely the two extremes... the one where you wonder if the people were still alive because they never post and when they do it is basically to say that they are still alive and that they have been off in some exotic place or just not worrying about Facebook. Then there is the other group that posts way too much!!! The person that is always on the top of your news feed with the latest and greatest update to their life... so where is the happy medium? I have thought a lot about some things to post but I don't want to frequent the top of the news feed. Maybe I should be the person that every second updates and says, "I took another breath"... "Now there is another one"... "I'm still breathing what a miracle!!!" (Keep in mind these would be three separate posts posted as quickly as you finish the first one.) But I guess this is just more for a rambling than to really answer the question... I guess just use your best judgment and maybe someone will be nice enough to tell you that you are being obnoxious.
P.S. As a side note, the current Kierstin vs. towel rack score is much better... I've had to be a little bit more sneaky but I am winning most of the battles now. We'll see if my winning streak continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment